Friday, July 07, 2006

Friday July 7

We have all arrived, and although tired, all here and happy! The field station comes complete with its very own supply of monkeys. As we got our tour, one happy jumped on the roof over our head.

The study site is in the grounds of an ancient Arab ruin site from the 14 century. We had a great tour today, and were also entertained by some of our monkey subjects.

The towns on the way from the field station to the field site are filled with people - the roads full of people walking everywhere. Lots of young children playing ball, coming home from school in their school uniforms. It's very lively. The homes are made with sticks and I"ve been told cow dung. They"re quite nice, actually.

The internet cafe I'm in now is in one of these towns - strange to come in out of the third world into a room of computers.

The woman running the cafe would like to go home, so I will sign off
More from the field

3 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger mkturin said...

Yippee! You arrived safely. Sounds like you are having fun. Temmy and I are getting along splendidly and she is eating just fine. No worry there. I did not sleep on the couch all night yet, I did make myself A.J. coffee cake and enjoyingit as I type. Took down the garbage and recycling on time. So all is well here at home.
Enjoy and blog again soon.
Lori

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Lagreen said...

well i did it I started my own blog. Nothing there yet but you will enjoy this. the name of the blog is Insipid Stu. Now my brain is off cause I just realized that it should be Insistant Stu. But do you like insipid better? Dictionary entry says Insipid - lacking interest. Which is the problem - people not knowing about things because they lack interest and then make stupid decisions.
It's a thought.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger mom-n-dad said...

Now you know what real monkey noises sound like.....go girl....
mom/dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home